28 Sept 2010

Hell! It's about time!

How many times have I attempt at writing something? I lost track of it. This is me trying to re-initiate my blog with various topics. Hopefully, this time I have the persistence to provide my readers with something interesting.


What does this blog have to offer?
  • theories and discoveries from me
  • financial market observations
  • Starcraft II (perhaps?)
  • some Chinese posts - the posts will be translated into English if they are originally written in Chinese
  • interesting links and references - on your right side
What do I want to get out of this?
  • me, me, me - it's not often that one can talk without caring too much about the listener
  • writing in English - English is my second language and I want to learn to do this well. Please forgive me for the grammatical errors. I'll proofread as much as I can.
  • express ideas - I love sharing my discoveries, from tiny to huge
  • connect with perspective and prospective friends online - feel free to leave comments :)
2010Q4 Objective
  • write stuff that interests people
  • have more than 1 comment to reply to every week
  • generate weekly traffic of 1,000+ views
  • recover Google AdWords spendings
Some interesting facts in designing this blog

I admit that this is the first time I am serious about keeping a blog, so all these may sound rudimentary to you, but bear with me and you may find something fun.
  • the top photo as of today was taken by me in Eugene, Oregon. You can find that location on Google Maps
  • the warmer background and a colder colour scheme are chosen to establish a quiet atmosphere for the reader
  • most common display resolutions are 1680*1050 and 1280*800 as of 2010, so I figure you can see the whole width without scrolling (let me know if not)
  • the length and the width of each section are set to golden ratio.
  • no, I am not going to introduce myself, because I suck with job interviews :D

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

so... i'm assuming i should leave 'a' comment, since i visited.

but i must say... "2010Q4 objective" haha. i can see the finance/business side of this site =)

and by top photo... you mean the street signs? ... just checking la~

gl keeping this blog up ba! i suppose ur ptt2 is gone already? :P
i'm sure u can guess who i am =)

Unknown said...

Thank you for leaving 'a' comment, but I don't recognize you. T_T"

Bunny said...

Happy Birthday!
You really pay a lot of time and attention on your bolg. I like the articles.
But I found some of the articles are old one. You copy from your old post on other place. Ha~~ EX: Never fall in love with red bean.